I know may of you think that you can't "eat clean" unless you actually cook your food. The truth is that it is not always possible or convenient to to cook your food everyday. When you know that your life is going to be tumultuous you need to plan ahead so that you make great choices instead of reaching for whatever is available. Must haves if you do like to cook:
BlenderTop three things that are easy to make if you don't cook:Breakfast
// Wrap or SandwichDinner
// Salad & Soup (Soup is blended and then warmed up in microwave)Foods to have on hand:
- Pre cooked grilled chicken breasts or Rotisserie chicken: Make a salad, tacos or a quick stir fry: Add to salads, quick stir-fry meals (see veggies above) or even mix with
scrambled egg whites and a dollop of avocado for a pseudo-California
- Ezekiel wraps: Throw some cooked protein, vegetables and hummus together.
- Nuts, portioned out
- Nut butter: Put in oats, yogurt or on wrap.
- Fresh Fruit, washed and served
- Pre-washed vegetables like carrots, radishes, sugar snap peas, celery, peppers, cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes
- Pre-washed salad greens
- Hard boiled eggs
- Canned beans: mix with veggies and/or chicken or tuna
- Whey protein powder: Mix with unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 frozen banana, 1/2 cup of frozen berries and throw it in the blender or Magic Bullet.
- Hummus: Dip veggies in it or use it as sauce for stir fry
- Low sugar yogurt: Mix with fruit.
- Serve the dip with veggies
- Canned Tuna served with salad greens or steamed veggies
- Cottage cheese: Mix with fruit and cinnamon
- Frozen fruit and veggies: Use these for stir-fry, quickie dinner sides, etc. For dessert try a cup
frozen raspberries with a packet of stevia sprinkled on top
- Oats: Microwave with a little soy milk, cinnamon and a scoop of whey protein